Palette is the newly created restaurant at Phoenix Art Museum, operated by Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering.
Pat Christofolo, President of Artisan by SBC, had this to say about the new venue that opened last fall:
“We are absolutely thrilled to have been selected to manage this popular dining spot at Phoenix Art Museum. Our team is in place, our local seasonally focused menu has been refined and we’re happy to provide museum visitors with an artfully delicious dining experience.”
Palette focuses on fresh, local, sustainable regional menu items that out-of-town visitors and museum guests alike, will be delighted to experience. This concept supports Artisan by SBC’s goal of showcasing Arizona farmers and producers.
Palette’s logo depicts a fresh and natural color graphic of four bowls of seasonally inspired-soup highlighted beside the name of the restaurant. This design can be interpreted as a play on the words “palate”, meaning a “sense of taste”, or viewed as “an artist’s palette of a pool of paint colors.”
A few highlights of the menu include:
• Roasted Beet Salad, Heirloom Lettuce, Goat Cheese, Pistachios & Sherry Vinaigrette
• Pulled Pork Sliders with Dave’s BBQ Mop Sauce, Crispy Cole Slaw & Toasted Buns
• Truffled Wild Mushroom Macaroni and Cheese with Gruyere, Fontina & Buttered Bread Crumbs
• Seasonal Tart with Wilted Spinach, Mushrooms, Feta Cheese & Pesto. Served with Baby Lettuce Salad
• Angus Burger, Crispy Bacon, Pickled Red Onions, Aged Cheddar & Arugula. Served with Parmesan-Herb Fries
• Salmon Filet, Roasted with Lemon and Herbs, Local Vegetables, Arugula & Mustard Sage Vinaigrette
• Chocolate Brownies and Lemon Bars
Guests can choose to dine in the spacious dining room, outdoors on the Sculpture Garden Patio, or take-away a coffee and bakery items to enjoy later. Palette’s hours:
Wednesday 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
First Fridays Special Events: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
• Fresh Spinach Benedict with Local Ham, Creamy Hollandaise & Roasted Vegetable Potato Hash
Brunch is served weekly on Sundays featuring an array of delicious breakfast, egg specialties and brunch items.
Palette offers something special the First Friday of every month. From wine tastings to pop-up dining with local chefs, guests are treated to a fun and interesting experience each month.
Palette proudly supports and appreciates Arizona farmers and producers for their dedicated efforts and commitment to sustainable methods. The restaurant exclusively features wines and beers made in Arizona. Visitors will find an array of local fare products from olives and oils, to homemade salsas, pastas, crackers and honey, all available for sale to enjoy at home.
Further details about the Fall/Winter Menu at Palette, including Sunday brunch, can be found on the website: www.PhxArt.org/Palette Reservations are not necessary, but can be made by calling 602 257 2191.
Palette is the third venue added to the family of restaurants that Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering manages. The other popular local-fare focused restaurants include The Farm Kitchen at 32nd Street & Southern, and The House at Secret Garden at 25th Street and Baseline Road.